WHAT AN SEO EXPERT WILL DO FOR YOU? THE 10 GOLDEN RULE OF SEO.
My goal is to provide honest “How to do SEO” for anyone who wants to get SEO done for their business or website just like an SEO expert. If you adopt my 10 golden rules of search engine optimization, no rogue vendor, agency or expert can fool you so easily and sell you something that you don’t need at all or that could even cost you way much than you excepted. Violations of the Google Webmaster Guidelines are usually punished by permanently losing your SEO rankings and your organic visibility, thus a valuable part of your traffic. Read till the end so you don’t get fool by an SEO expert.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a sub-discipline of search engine marketing or commonly known as SEM. The second discipline is Search Engine Advertising (SEA) in the form of Google Ads ads or Bing Ads. Due to Google’s superior market power, SEO is usually about optimizing this search platform.
SEO & SEA: These are the differences
A search engine – we will go along with Google for now – usually provides the user with two types of the result after entering a search term: on the one hand, the organic search results, on the other hand, the ads matching the search term. The advertiser or SEO expert has to pay Google for the ads – Price of each click is determined by Google in an auction mechanism. I as a freelancer SEO expert in Chandigarh & IT park Mohali has over-all knowledge of SEO and PPC.
In organic search results, Google’s algorithm delivers the web pages that it believes the best match the search term you entered and displays them as a search result. The operator of the website does not have to pay anything to Google for this.
Search engines, and Google
“The best place to hide a corpse is page 2 of Google search results.”
So, to know how to appear on the top of Google search results read the following 10 Golden rules of SEO.
- Keywords: The aim is to identify the most important keywords to which the website should then be optimized.
- Technical SEO: This is all measures that ensure that the Google algorithm can read and understand the contents of the site.
- Onpage SEO: This applies to the components that are implemented directly on the site: For example, meta-data, internal links and enrichment of the page with multimedia content (such as videos) which ensures a better ranking.
- Mobile SEO: More and more people are accessing the Internet with mobile devices such as smartphones. Therefore, it is important that the website is optimized for mobile display.
- Editorial content: Google’s algorithm is increasingly recognizing whether a page provides useful content for the user. That’s why high-quality content is a must.
- Offpage SEO: This is primarily about external links. Thus, the number and quality of externally linking pages can have an influence on the organic ranking.
Meanwhile, websites with SSL encryption are a fixed standard, which must also be observed for the topic of search engine optimization. People also take this for granted. A page with an SSL certificate clearly says something about the site operator. Take a look at this screenshot:
Since 2014, Google has confirmed HTTPS as a ranking signal, and now Google Chrome even shows the following: “The connection to this website is not secure”. Would you trust such a website? Probably not. So if you haven’t already done so, make sure you switch to HTTPS sooner rather than later. Google, by the way, sees it the same way and could punish your SEO efforts by downgrading your rankings and thus the organic visibility due to a lack of security of your website.
People don’t like to wait, nor do search engines. Every user expects a fast-loading page and will be disappointed if these expectations are not met. And here, too, Google sees it similarly: Why waste valuable resources on slow pages? A slow website risks the success of your SEO work. In essence, the following points should be taken into account and checked regularly:
- Eliminate resources that block the rendering of your Web page
- Postponing invisible images (offscreen images that appear “below the fold”)
- Provide modern image formats to help you load your images faster
- A first overview can be obtained with the tool “PageSpeed Insights”:
The advantage of this tool is that you get clear instructions on how to improve the speed of your website. If necessary, you can also get a lot more information about the respective PageSpeed aspects.
As with PageSpeed Insights, the
The importance of the topic “mobile” in connection with SEO should be clear at the latest with the statement that Google is taking the step to “Mobile First” and no longer wants to distinguish between the desktop index and the mobile index. Tool providers such as SISTRIX are also following suit and analyzing a special visibility index for mobile devices. Therefore, you should be prepared for this and best positioned for the start of a new website. The mobile-friendly tool tests your website for mobile optimization.
Rules of thumb for good mobile usability and thus SEO basics are:
- Fast Load time
- Recognizable font sizes for better usability
- Retina display
If you want to deal with the topics of mobile and usability in addition to search engine optimization, we recommend you visit my blog here.
People should find certain content, so make it as easy as possible for them. Here, too, search engines like Google want exactly the same thing. Ensure a clean information architecture and a flat hierarchy of your website, as this definitely has a positive effect on your SEO results. In practical terms, this means:
- Share content with search engines.
- Make any content accessible with 3-4 clicks.
As banal as that sounds, check if your website is even shared with search engines. Often it is enough to put a small hook or forget and the page flies out of the Google Index. Keyword:
A so-called “site query” on Google can help with this:
The 14,200,000 results shown here in the example correspond to the number of pages that are in the Google Index. If this number differs roughly from the number of pages you have stored
If you find that most of your content can be reached on average with more than 3-4 clicks, you should optimize your internal linking. By the way, a good example of internal linking with regard to SEO is a typical Wikipedia article, in which other important content is linked within the same website. Get in touch with me for more details on internal linking.
The most important thing here is that you use URLs with speak for your website. So-called URLs consist of readable words or keywords instead of long ID numbers or special characters. The advantage from an SEO point of view is higher click-through rates within the Google results, which describe quite exactly what awaits the user on the website. In order to successfully operate search engine optimization, you should also follow the following rules in addition to talking URLs:
- Keep your URLs as simple and short as possible
- Use keywords in your URLs.
- Do not use special characters
- Use the minus sign as a separator
- Do not use stop words
Above you see the perfect example of how an SEO friendly URL looks like. If you are still not sure how to get a proper URL for your website or what kind of URL helps in SEO for your website. Check MOZ blog for the same.
A good and honest SEO expert Freelancer or company will help in getting the right title for your website. It is noted and recommended that every page on your website should have a title regarding the content of the said page. Among the more than 200 different SEO ranking factors at Google, the HTML title tag still plays an extremely important role in the search engine optimization of your website. You can see your website’s title tag either in the browser, in the source code, or in Google search results. If you are looking for
Optimize your site’s title tag as follows:
- EVERY URL should have an individual title.
- The keyword should be at the front as far as possible, ideally right at the front
- The title should not exceed 70 characters
- The title should encourage the user to click
Meta Descriptions, unlike the title tags, are not visible to visitors to your site. The Meta description only shows in the Google search result or in the source code. Although Meta Descriptions have no direct impact on your SEO ranking, they should be maintained individually for each page of your website. This is because search engines display the meta description within the search results lists. Thus, you can use an optimized meta-description to directly influence the click rate in Google results to attract more visitors to your website. An indirect ranking factor when it comes to search engine optimization and the organic visibility of your website. If you are looking to hire a Freelancer SEO expert in Mohali or IT park Chandigarh to be sure to know the SEO company or Freelancer knows about the above mentioned Golden rules.
The following are the most important rules apply to Meta Descriptions for better SEO:
As with Title Tags, we recommend working with the SISTRIX Snippet Generator for the Meta Descriptions.
After the visitor lands on your website after clicking on your SEO snippets. With usability and speed, it is all about meeting or exceeding the expectations of the user. The first thing that gets noticed is the Heading. It is important to follow the correct form of h1-h6 headings. In H1 is the most important heading and h6 is least important. You need to take care that you only use as many layers as it makes sense for the user. H3 is sufficient as a last level of heading.
You can follow these rules and it will work equally well with users and search engine optimization:
- Consistent Title Tag and Meta Description
- Short and memorable headings
- Use keyword
So, in order to be a successful Freelancer SEO expert or SEO company in India, follow these rules when texting:
- Each article should be unique on your website.
- Each article or content should provide relevant information to the user.
- Structure of the text on your website should be constructed in a meaningful way.
- In your content describe how can you help your visitors. Make sure to avoid phrases like “we are number one…” but instead write something like “how can we help you with…”
- In the end, the most important aspect is to add relevant keywords to your content. However, make sure you don’t only consider keyword density. Write articles or blogs that are easy to read for your visitors so that they don’t jump from your website and stay on the site long enough to fill out the contact form or buy your services or product.
So, your website content shouldn’t be only about you as an SEO company. Instead, you should focus on your potential clients, you should make content with know-how and relevance information. By doing so, you can make sure that your website doesn’t get lost in the unsightly text ocean, it is very important to give additional content for your users in good articles or blogs. So, offer your visitors more than just products or services. Deliver something extra like e-books, checklists, videos, etc. that gives your website an x-factor which will eventually help you in getting higher ranking in Google and other SERP.
If you read and followed all the nine previous SEO rules, it shouldn’t be a problem to get your content linked from the other websites. The way Google work is that it evaluates such a link or you can say backlink as a recommendation. Websites that have more good recommendations from other websites are therefore considered more relevant and useful thus resulting in better SEO ranking. When it comes to backlinks one thing is very clear: QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. A link from a high “DR”(Domain Ranking) website is worth more than 100 links from dubious websites. If you want to promote your content from other websites, ask yourself the following questions when selecting these external pages :
- Would I entrust this website with my Financial information?
- Would I recommend this website to my friends or family?
Of course, you should also ask yourself about your own content. And a vital caution never buys links. Google’s webmaster guidelines prohibit it from buying links because Google sees this as an attempt to manipulate them. Updates such as the Penguin Update or manual sanctions of certain websites have shown that Google is going to go to court with this. A well-known online shop for furniture has been punished by Google for almost 3 years. Everyone can think of what this meant for the business. So be careful!